Monday, December 7, 2009

This last weekend I travelled to La Merced, a city in the central Amazon of Peru, and Huancayo, a city up in the Andes. It was one of my favorite trips yet! I don't have a ton of time to write about everything right this minute, but at this time next week, I will be back in the USA, so I can tell you all the stories then. The pictures are a little out of order... :)

This is actually once I returned to Lima after the weekend.

Huancayo had some of the most beautiful and interesting skies that I have ever seen. This is one of them.

Huancayo, the capitol of the Junin district of Peru. Pretty big city for being all the way up in the Andes.

Torre Torre red rocks.

Plaza de Armas in Huancayo. I took this from the window of my hostel room! Great view, terrible traffic noise.

Swimming in the waterfall was one of my favorite parts of the trip.

We saw huge blue butterflies and parrots on our hike up to this waterfall.

The waterfalls.

Casa in the selva.

A strange, tame Amazon beaver (yes, he is real and alive). I can't remember the name of the animal, I tried to google it but couldn't find anything. He has big teeth.

I was scared of the snake, but thought it would be a good idea to put it around my neck anyways.

Pretty bird.

The spot where the two rivers meet... you can sort of see the difference in the colors of the water.

Climbing some big tree roots.

Bridge over the rio.

No comments:

Post a Comment