Friday, August 21, 2009

Other than the presence and affects of e.coli in my body this evening, I'm having a great day. I love shopping in Lima. Its ridiculously cheap. I enjoy the markets where you can barter. Its funny how my Spanish is great when I am shopping and negotiating prices, but when I try to comment in class, you would think I have never even studied this language at all. Also funny, I have become so accustomed to low prices that I find myself arguing over two soles ($0.60) at markets and for taxis. Vendors are pretty stiff (especially with foreigners), but when you say no and start to walk away, they almost always compromise.

I went running this morning. There is the best path through San Borja, my barrio. The entire path is a Gatorade advertisment, but its perfect because there are these little signs every 250 meters that have encouraging phrases. At the end of the path, there is a little outdoor gym. The whole thing is so nice and positive, I actually can't wait to go back! It is only about four blocks away from the house, so I am planning on going often.

I still love the family I am staying with. They are absolutely wonderful, so nice and so much fun. Tito, Peruvian papĂ­, always has hilariously random stories. Today, he told me all about how his neighbor stole his pet parrot a few years ago. I didn't believe him at first, but this story was actually true.

Well, not feeling that great so thats all. Here is a picture of Regina and I waiting for our pizza and drinking bubble tea (one of which made me sick)! To be honest though, I've had this crazy craving for pizza and bubble tea for awhile, so it was worth it, almost! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment